Monday, March 3, 2008

Energy Saving Bulbs Cause Migraines

I posted this article on a forum for people with migraines a while ago:

Short article with important information! http://www.switched.com/2008/01/02/compact-fluorescent-bulbs-causing-migrainheadaches/?ncid=NWS00010000000001e-

Take the time to read it! One woman on the forum said she had moved into a new place where these light bulbs were already in place in the fixtures in her bedroom, and her headaches had been horrible. After reading the article she went to the store, bought regular lightbulbs, and in her words:
"Upon switching out the bulbs, I went from having migraines 5 to 7 days out of the week, to .. I need to knock on some wood real quick, but about 2 or 3 days out of a month tops. They will never be 100% eradicated, but the fewer headaches the better. I highly recommend giving this a try if you suspect at all that the new bulbs might be exasperating your migraine situation."

Yay! What an amazing difference! I realize this may not be the reason for everyone's headaches/migraines, but if the change was this drastic for just one I wanted to post in case it could help another. If it helps you, let me know! I love knowing information I've shared has helped eased someone's migraine pain!

Wishing everyone a healthy, peaceful Monday.

2 comments:

sinus surgery Los Angeles said...

Yes I have heard some of the patients complaining about this one.It is essential to study and understand the needs of the body...the reactions almost always differ.

Unknown said...

Excellent blog very nice and unique information related to Migraines!. Thanks for sharing this information